PV Grid Intertie Systems
- Onsite Solar Survey There is only one way to get an accurate assessment of your solar potential and that’s from the vantage point of standing on your roof (or in your yard). Utilizing a shade analysis tool and the knowledge that comes from studying the solar resource in Plumas County for more than three decades, I can design a PV system and cost estimate that will accurately fit your needs. Any special requirements will be noted here, spec sheets will be provided for larger components.
- PV system design You will be apprised of details such as panel location, array size, tilt angle plus the location of the inverter and related equipment. [see sample diagram].
- Installation We will coordinate all aspects of your job with the Building Department (including pulling your permit), and PG&E, Plumas Sierra Rural Electric Co-op or your local utility for the proper permits, approvals and inspections. Our primary service is to provide a complete turnkey installation of your fully functioning, code compliant, utility approved, performance monitored and warranted Solar Electric system. We install systems that are expected to produce power for more than 25 years.
- Education Any education you feel you may need to be knowledgeable about your system is provided as needed at any time.
- Warranty To be clear, Feather River Solar Electric warrants your Solar Electric system for parts and labor for 10 years from the date it is commissioned. The inverter’s warranty can be increased to either 15 or 20 years. The panels we install in our systems are warranted to produce more than 90% of their rated output after ten years and more than 80% of their rated output after 25 years. Some tests have shown actual outputs are still approximately 85% output after 25 years. This is a fairly standard warranty throughout the industry though it has become less certain that some of the failing Chinese companies will be able to honor their warranties.